Monday, March 22, 2010

My neice, Alayna

I just got back from a week vacation in Florida. I stayed with my brother while there & loved it! My brother has a daughter, Alayna.

Alayna is 4 years old. I have probably only seen her maybe 10 times in her young life. With my brother being military, and my husband being military, we are always in two different places. Sometimes I can come home for holidays that he cant, so we miss each other. It's hard knowing that each time Alayna sees us, she will have to relearn us, but the same will be for Cadence.

Alayna has always been smart. I know what you are thinking. Everyone thinks that their kids or neices and nephews are smart, but seriously - Alayna is SMART! She knows more than I imagined a 4 year old could. She definitely has me shocked when we talk.

She seemed to really love Cadence. She would try to play with her, as best as she could. She even tried to teach Cadence how to write, which was rather amusing. She had drawn the letter A & said, "Cadence, draw an A." very calmly. Well, of course my Cadence, only 15 months old, had no idea what she was requesting. So, Alayna asked again, "Cadence, draw an A." After a few more seconds went by of Cadence not cooperating, Alayna yelled "I SAID DRAW AN A CADENCE!" I just laughed and told her that Cadence had no idea what she even meant. And Alayna, smart as a whip, says " I already drew one for her! She just has to copy" lol

Alayna is also VERY beautiful! She has the biggest blue eyes you will ever see! But not, creepy big. lol She is getting so tall. She will pass me up soon im sure.

If there is one thing I could do, I would definitely love to be stationed on the same base as my brother so that I could spend lots and lots of time with this little girl! They grow up entirely too fast.

We love you Alayna Pasquana!

No comments:

Post a Comment